What is Turmeric?
Turmeric contains three Curcuminoids-curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin. Out of all these Curcumin is the main chemical(polyphenol) ingredient of turmeric. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory properties and is a very strong antioxidant. The yellow pigment of turmeric comes mainly from curcumin. Other than curcuminoids, turmeric also contains proteins, sugar, oil, resins.
Medicinal properties of turmeric
- Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant properties of curcumin make the heart function better and is also very helpful for arthritis patients.
- Curcumin is linked to improving brain function, so it reduces the risk of brain diseases
- It has shown promising results in treating depression
- Due to its medicinal properties, curcumin works as an anti-aging element
- Treats diabetes milletus
- Acts as a natural blood thinner
- Turmeric contains antifungal properties
- Supports healthy thyroid environment
- Treats neurological diseases
- Decreases the occurrence of Asthma attacks
- Helps in weight loss goals
- Turmeric promotes skin health
A very quick and interesting turmeric Trick
You can make a fluoresce with the turmeric easily at home. Take some turmeric, a few drops of alcohol and a UV torch, which you can buy online also. Put the alcohol in a bottle or a jar, light the jar in a darkened room with a UV torch. Then scatter some turmeric, beautiful green-yellow glowing trails that can be seen as the turmeric falls.